Designed for racing, aerodynamic, stiff and lightweight all at once
This model is the jewel of the FDJ team and its star sprinter Arnaud Demare. The innovative profile of its Kamm Tail and NACA tubes ensures attainment of unmatched aerodynamic efficiency. Highly-refined integration, a streamlined Aeroflex seat post, lower center of gravity, attack-mode riding position... nothing will slow you down when readying for the final sprint. Inaugurated on the routes of the 2017 Tour de France race, this model can already boast a stage victory.
Its ultralight, 100% carbon frame provides enhanced stiffness and precision characteristics. Associated with the Powerbox technology, this bike delivers top-rated efficiency on the open road. The profile of Kamm Tail tubes (with truncated flared edges) and NACA tubes (imported from the aeronautics industry) endows the frame with all the advantages of a conventional tapered tube, while its back “section” creates a virtual surface that serves to reduce drag forces.
Aircode SL 600 demonstrates incredible stability, which proves to be ideal for both punchers and sprinters. Equipped with a Lapierre seat post made of carbon, for reduced weight and high-precision adjustment, and Zipp Racing Service Peripherals, making for an assembly at the cutting edge of aerodynamics. The 100% carbon fork mount incorporates a Direct Mount brake for maximum braking stiffness and power.
The Shimano Ultegra transmission group offers a 52/36 gear ratio and an 11-speed, 11-28 cassette for ease of pedaling regardless of the route layout. The aerodynamic profile and efficiency of the Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels wonderfully complement this assembly, intended for those always looking to go faster!
For sprinters, all-rounders and cyclists looking for a racing bike that is fast, stiff and responsive.
- Superlight Technology. Carbon layup to reduce weight, ready for competition.
- NACA & Kamm Tail Tube profile: taking the best of automotive and aerospace technology.
- Powerbox Technology for efficient pedaling.
- Better integration of components for improved aerodynamics
- Aero seatpost profile with rubber insert.
- Lapierre’s patented Trap Door Technology: Di2 battery more easily accessible and low centre of gravity.
- UCI approved.
- Frame : AIRCODE SL CARBON
- Fork : AIRCODE 100% CARBON
- Headset : FSA 1"1/8 - 1"1/4 ORBIT C-33 44E
- Bottom bracket : SHIMANO PRESSFIT SMBB7141B
- Crankset : SHIMANO ULTEGRA FC-R8000, 52x36T 170mm (XS,S) 172.5mm (M) 175mm (L,XL)
- Stem : ZIPP SERVICE COURSE B1 318 6° 31.8mm 90mm (XS,S) 100mm (M) 110mm (L) 120mm (XL)
- Seatpost : LAPIERRE AEROPOST CARBON
- Handlebar : ZIPP SC80 40cm (XS) 42cm (S,M,L) 44cm (XL)
- Front derailleur : SHIMANO ULTEGRA FD-R8000F
- Rear derailleur : SHIMANO ULTEGRA RD-R8000GS, 11s
- Brakes : SHIMANO ULTEGRA BR-R8010 DIRECT MOUNT
- Shifters : SHIMANO ULTEGRA ST-R8000
- Saddle : FIZIK ARIONE R5
- Wheel : MAVIC COSMIC ELITE
- Sprocket : SHIMANO 105 HG5800 11s 11-28T
- Tires : CONTINENTAL Ultra Sport 2 SL 700x25
- Weight : 7,9kg
We at Lapierre use four distinct fibre types, each with its own characteristics. Our engineers can use these different fibres to adapt the stiffness, flex and strength needed for the parts of the frame in question. High-strength fibre is what you will need for shock absorption and comfort: seatpost, chainstays, seatstays or even the whole frame. Very high-modulus, meanwhile, will have unyielding stiffness and efficiency. In our E-MTBs, we use 4 different type of fibres and we know how to get the best of each one: high resistance (24 tons), intermediate modulus (30 tons), high modulus (40 tons) and very high modulus (46 tons).
Power Box technology is made up of the down tube, bottom bracket shell and chainstays, which comprise one performance-dedicated whole. Increased lateral stiffness for maximum responsiveness and best possible pedal-power transfer, whether during bursts of acceleration, climbs or sprints.
SAT (SHOCK ABSORPTION TECHNOLOGY)
An elastomer damper between top tube and seat tube, which absorbs and dissipates vibration for better comfort and roadholding. Vertical vibration is cut out by the seatstays, then by the rubber and, lastly, by the seat tube. SAT’s shock-absorption capacity is mainly based on our carbon build methods and it makes it possible, in particular, to produce seat tubes that flex more, since they are cut off from the rest of the frame. The elastomer damper acts as a buffer for better cushioning of bumps and vibration. Unbeatable comfort over long distances and on tough road surfaces.
TDT (TRAPDOOR TECHNOLOGY)
This Lapierre patent pending Technology integrates the Di2 battery neatly in the frame. With a quick and easy trap door to access, TDT makes the mechanics job faster and lowers the centre of gravity, making pedalling more efficient.
For our Xelius SL and Aircode SL models, we do work specifically focused on applying multiple layers of carbon one on top of the other. The aim is to achieve the perfect balance between weight and stiffness.