785 Huez Disc Genesis:As technology has advanced, disc brakes on road bikes just make sense. Often decisive, the descent off the mountain is as important as its ascent. With disc brakes the descending speed increases, the road’s turns become less complicated, braking comes later, stronger and gradually allows the rider to take the advantage over their competitors. Reduce the risks of riding with more powerful and more progressive braking on all surfaces. Whether wet or dry roads, disc brakes give you confidence and control
Disc braking is more progressive but also more powerful than rim braking. To get full benefit from more effective braking, it is particularly important to improve the grip of the tire with the riding surface. For this reason the 785 HUEZ DISC is equipped with tubeless 28c tires. The larger volume provides a larger contact patch and makes it possible to lower the pressure of the tire. This results in several advantages:
- Added grip when braking or cornering.
- Improved ground contact for better footing (especially on granular coatings)
- Added comfort through lower pressure: a real component of performance during long outings.
We chose to use tubeless technology on our entire 785 DISC range. It allows the rider to reduce inflation pressures while limiting the risk of punctures by pinching and perforation. We have partnered with Hutchinson tires to offer the ‘Eleven Storm Performance’ tire series, which has been particularly popular in comparative tests. The Eleven Storm series offers reduced rolling resistance and ensures optimum performance at all speeds.
Flat Brake Mount
The FLAT MOUNT disc brake standard allows direct attachment of the hydraulic calipers to the carbon of the fork and frame.. Its main advantage, in addition to refining the design and profile, is to reduce the overall weight of the system.
THrough Axle Speedrelease
To optimize the rigidity and to compensate for the significant forces during braking, the wheel axles used are 12 mm thru-axles. The 785 also uses one of the latest innovations available: the speed-release system. This axle system allows disassembly of the wheel twice as fast as with a traditional thru-axle. Indeed it is not necessary to remove it completely from the frame or fork to clear the wheel. A simple 5 mm release with an indexed setting and the wheel is removed while the axle remains in the hub. This feature is particularly useful in competition for quick and efficient wheel changes.
- CRANKSET: SHIMANO ULTEGRA 50 x 34 R8000
- CHAIN: SHIMANO CN HG 601
- CASSETTE: SHIMANO ULTEGRA 11 x 32 R8000
- SHIFTERS: SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000
- DERAILLEUR: SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000
- BRAKES: SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000 HYDRAULIC
- ROTORS: FRONT 160 mm, REAR 140 mm
- SEATPOST: LOOK LS2 CARBON 27,2 mm x 350 mm
- SADDLE: SAN MARCO MONZA
- STEM: LOOK ALLOY LS2 + / - 7 °
- HANDLEBAR: LOOK ALLOY LS2 COMPACT
- WHEELS: MAVIC AKSIUM ELITE DISC UST (W/O TYRE) TUBELESS
- TYRES: HUTCHINSON FUSION 5 ELEVEN STORM TUBELESS READY, 700 X 28
- WEIGHT: 7600 g (size S : +/- 3%)